3/4 cup almonds
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 medium carrot, chopped
150g mushrooms, sliced
100g green beans
1 cup rice
6-8 teaspoons soya sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Roast almonds until browned.
2. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok and add the onion. Cook for a minute or two. Add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms, carrot and pepper. Stir-fry the vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the rice and soya sauce to the vegetables and stir well. Stir-fry for an additional 3-5 minutes.
5. Mix the almonds into the rice and serve immediately.