The soup is really sweet. Therefore, it's a good idea to serve it with some fresh herbs or chili peppers.
3-4 corn cobs
1 cup cashew nuts, soaked for at least 2 hours
1 onion, chopped
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 l vegetable stock
juice of a half lemon
¾ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon curry powder
salt and pepper to taste
fresh herbs or chili peppers
1. Remove leaves and cut corn off the cob.
2. Sauté the onion.
3. Add the garlic and mix.
4. Add turmeric and curry, and mix precisely.
5. Add the corn.
6. Pour in the stock, bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat, until the corn takes on an intensive yellow colour. Put aside, add drained cashews and lemon juice.
7. Blend the mixture. Add some water or stock if needed.
8. Season with salt, pepper, and curry powder.
9. Serve with fresh herbs or chili peppers.