The list of ingredients is quite long. You have to prepare the cake a day before serving. It needs to be kept in a refrigerator through the night.
2½ cup wheat flour
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup soya milk
½ cup grapeseed oil
2 tablespoons cherry jam
1 jar cherries in syrup
1 jar cherry jam
1 bar of dark chocolate + 4 squares
2 cans coconut milk, chilled through the night
2 tablespoons icing sugar
For coating glaze:
1 bar dark chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Pour wet ingredients and mix thoroughly. If it’s too thick, add more milk.
2. Pour one third of the mixture into a cake tin and bake for 20 minutes in 180°C. Do the same with the other two thirds.
3. Drain cherries but don’t pour out the syrup.
4. Melt a bar of chocolate in a saucepan. Chop or grate 4 squares of chocolate. Open the first can of coconut milk, place the separated coconut cream in a bowl and whip for 3-5 minutes. In the end of whipping pour slowly melted, cooled chocolate. When it’s mixed well, add grated chocolate.
5. Moisten the first piece of sponge with cherry syrup. Spread a little of cherry jam. Put 2-3 tablespoons of chocolate cream on the sponge and spread precisely. Place cherries on the cream and press gently. Cover the cherries with the rest of the cream and place another piece of sponge on top.
6. Whip another can of coconut milk. In the end of whipping add 2 tablespoons of icing sugar. Moisten the the sponge with cherry syrup, spread the jam, pour the coconut cream. Cover with the last piece of sponge – the top of the cake.
7. Place the cake in a refrigerator for the night.
8. On the next day melt the chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Cover the cake with the chocolate. Decorate with cherries.