To cook this spicy soup you may use canned tomstoes if you prefer. But who prefers canned tometoes in the middle of summer?
4 cups vegetable stock
6 big tomatoes, peeled
250g penne or other short pasta shapes
1 small onion
1/3 oat or soy cream
2 tablespoons good ketchup
1 green chili pepper
1-2 teaspoons chili powder
1. Chop 3 tomatoes finely. Add to boiling stock, turn the heat to medium and cook under the cover for about 10 minutes.
2. Place the rest of the tomatoes, onion, and chili pepper in a food processor. Process until smooth. Add in the stock. Cook for another 10 minutes.
3. Add the cream, ketchup and seasonings.
4. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain. You can keep the pasta separately or mix with the soup in the pot.
5. Serve hot with fresh parsley on top.