2 courgettes, chopped into half rounds
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely chopped or pureed
1 tablespoon fresh crushed garlic or garlic paste
1-2 green chili peppers, finely chopped
1 teaspoon coriander or cumin powder
1 teaspoon (or as needed) chili powder
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
¼ teaspoon garam masala
fresh coriander for garnish
salt to taste
2 tablespoons oil
1. Heat the oil in a pan and shallow fry the onions with the garlic for 5-7 minutes until they turn nice golden brown.
2. Add the green chili peppers and fry for a minute.
3. Add the tomato and let the mixture cook for about 10 minutes until the tomatoes are softened.
4. Add the spice powders and salt. Mix and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the courgette pieces and some water if required. Bring the gravy to a boil .
6. Simmer until the courgettes are well cooked and have become translucent. Taste for flavour and adjust seasoning as required.
7. Finally, add chopped coriander to garnish and switch off the heat.
8. Serve hot with chapattis or rice.
You can substitute courgettes with many other vegetables like lady fingers, kidney beans etc.
You can use ginger instead of garlic if preferred.