I like the combination of apples and spices, especially cinnamon. But if you're not a fan of apples, you can put a different fruit on top of your tarte.
For the crust:
2 cups walnuts
0,5 cup hazelnuts
1,5 - 2 cups dates, pitted
For the filling:
3 medium apples, sliced
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup apple juice
2 tablespoons agave nectar
1. Combine walnuts, hazelnuts and dates in a food processor. Process until well mixed and ground. The texture should be coarse. Press evenly in a tart pan or baking pan. Place in a fridge.
2. Place apples in a saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat, stir frequently.
3. Remove the apples with a slotted spoon from the saucepan and cool.
4. Reduce liquid to about half the volume and cool.
5. Spread apples evenly over crust. Brush apple-juice syrup over apples. The tart can be served right away or it will keep in refrigerator until needed.