1 cup dried chickpeas
1 large onion
2 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons of fresh parsley
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons flour
oil for frying
1. Cook chickpea until soft (for about 2 hours). Drain off. Place in a processor.
2. Add garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt, pepper, and flour. Blend. You want the result to be a thick paste. You can also mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together.
3. Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
4. Fry in 2 inches of oil until golden brown (5-7 minutes).
5. Serve hot with vegetables, sauce, or in pita.