0,5 kg spinach
1 glass canned sweet corn
1 inch of ginger root, peeled and diced
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cardamom pods
1 inch cinnamon stick
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garam masala/curry powder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground
1 small chilli pepper, chopped
3 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
1. Wash the spinach and chop it coarsely.
2. Heat up the oil in a pot or a wok. Add the cardamom pods and the cinnamon stick. Fry for one minute.
3. Add the cumin, garam masala/curry powder, chilli pepper and salt. Fry for a minute.
4. Add the ginger and stir.
5. Add the sweet corn and fry for two minutes.
6. Add the spinach. Cook for 10 minutes without cover.
7. When the spinach softens, add the tomatoes. Cook for next 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
8. Serve with a rice dish.