I bought kale for the first time in my life. I didn’t know what to do with it so I decided to make a salad. It’s always an easy way to use vegetables.
I have to say proudly the salad is awesome! Roasted sunflower seeds together with cherry tomatoes and kale is a wonderful combination of different flavours and textures. Couscous makes the salad more nutritious but still light.
200g kale, shredded
250g cherry tomatoes
½ cup couscous
1½ cup boiling water
½ cup sunflower seeds
1. Wash the kale thoroughly. Place in a pan of boiling water, cover and bring back to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer until tender.
2. Place the couscous in a bowl with the water. Stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes.
3. Put the sunflower seeds on a hot frying pan. Roast it for about 5 minutes. Stir to avoid burning.
4. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
5. Combine all the ingredients in a big bowl and mix.