Let’s start with this simple curry.
1 can chickpea
1 can tomatoes
1 green chili pepper, finely chopped (optional)
1 onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
salt to taste
fresh coriander to garnish (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions with the garlic for 5-7 minutes until they turn nice golden brown.
2. Add the green chili pepper and fry for a minute.
3. Add chickpeas and fry for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the tomato and cook the mixture for about 10 minutes.
5. Add the spice powders and salt. Mix and cook for further 2-3 minutes.
6. Taste for flavour and adjust seasoning as required.
7. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot with rice or bread.