I won’t do it anymore as the tortilla dough is easy to make and tastes fantastic.
150g plain white flour
¾ cup warm water
45g white vegetable fat
1 teaspoon salt
1. Sift the white flour and salt into a bawl, mix in the cornmeal. Rub the fat into the flour with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
2. Add the water and mix precisely. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead it for about 2-3 minutes until smooth. Put into a plastic bag and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal pieces. Keep them covered with a damp cloth to prevent from drying out. Roll out each piece on a floured surface. Put paper towels between your tortillas.
4. Heat up a frying pan and cook tortillas for about 30 seconds each side until just speckled brown. Don’t add more fat.
5. Put the sheets of paper towels between tortillas or wrap them with a cloth to keep them elastic.