You don't need a lot of ingredients to cook it. The cake always performs well and this is why I love sharing it with others.
- for sponge:
1½ cup flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¾ cup sugar
½ cup rapeseed oil
1½ teaspoon baking powder
¾ cup soya milk
- for cream:
1 can coconut milk, chilled through the night
½ cup dates, chopped
3 teaspoons instant coffee
2 teaspoons sugar
little hot water
- for coating glaze:
1 bar dark chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1. Pour hot water into a cup and mix with coffee and sugar. Combine with dates. Add separated coconut cream (without water). Mix thoroughly and place in the fridge.
2. In a bowl combine ingredients for the sponge. Add milk and mix. It should have the consistency of crème fraîche.
3. Pour one third into a cake tin and bake for 20 minutes in 180 degrees. Do the same with the other two thirds.
4. When the sponge cools down, spread the half of the cream. Place another piece of sponge on top. Spread the rest of the cream and cover with the last piece of sponge (the top of the cake).
5. Melt the chocolate with a teaspoon of coconut oil. Cover the cake with the chocolate.
6. Place the cake in a fridge for an hour.