Dahl is also a very easy dish to cook. All you have to do is to fry onion and garlic, cook some lentils, add your favourite seasonings and any vegetable or herbs you have.
I usually cook dahl when I don't have much time, energy or ingredients for more complicated dish.
½ glass whole brown lentils
3 glasses water
½ tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon curry powder
½ garlic bulb
½ chili pepper
1. Rinse the lentils thoroughly and drain. Cover with fresh water, bring to the
boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until they are tender and fall apart.
2. Heat up a little oil and fry the cumin and curry. Mix with the lentils.
3. Fry chopped onion, chili pepper and crushed garlic. Add to the lentils.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the soup hot with greens and rice or bread.