250g washed trimmed spinach
6 cups broccoli florets
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 smallish onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
2 thin slices of peeled ginger, finely chopped
1/2 to 1 fresh hot red chili, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add 2 tablespoons salt. Put in the spinach and broccoli florets and bring to a boil again.
2. Boil rapidly for 3 to 4 minutes or until the broccoli and spinach are tender. Drain in a colander. Run cold water over the greens. Let them drain naturally, do not squeeeze any liquid out. Chop very finely.
3. Put the oil in a large frying pan and set over medium-high heat. When hot, put the onion, garlic, ginger and chili. Stir and fry until the onion bits turn brown at the edges.
4. Put in the cumin. Stir once and quickly put in the broccoli-spinach mixture. Stir once or twice and turn the heat to medium.
5. Put 1 teaspoon salt. Stir and cook gently until the broccoli-spinach mixture has just heated through.