To make borsch you need to combine grated beetroots and water with kvass. You can also drink the kvass by itself. This sour juice is extremely healthy.
1 kg beetroots
3 litres water
1 garlic bulb
1 tablespoon salt
2. Wash the beetroots carefully, peel them and slice.
3. Put them into jars or a stoneware vessel. Add peeled garlic cloves.
4. Cover the beetroots with the water when it gets lukewarm.
5. Cover the jars with a clean cloth (instead of caps) and leave it in a warm place for a few days.
6. After that time remove mouldy skin from the liquid.
7. Filter the juice through a clean cloth. It should be clear and purplish red.